Application Program Interfaces (APIs)
application program interface (API) is a set of subroutine definitions, communication protocols, and tools for building software. In general terms, it is a set of clearly defined methods of communication among various components.
Developers with to leverage EOSDIS data in their applications and services.
There are a number of Application Program Interfaces (APIs) available within NASA's Earth Observation System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) community. Below describes how to use our APIs.
Global Imagery Browse Services (GIBS)
- GIBS API for Developers
Common Metadata Repository (CMR)
CMR OpenSearch API
- CMR Client Partner User Guide
- CMR Data Partner User Guide
Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC) APIs
- Alaska Satellite Facility Distributed Active Archive Center (ASF DAAC) APIs
- National Snow and Ice Data Center DAAC (NSIDC DAAC) APIs
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory DAAC (ORNL DAAC) APIs
NASA Open APIs
Last Updated: May 3, 2019 at 10:42 AM EDT