EOSDIS Data News - 2/17/2017
- ASDC released a new field campaign data for the DISCOVER-AQ California. This is for public use with the Toolsets for Airborne Data (TAD) web application (see https://tad.larc.nasa.gov/login.php).
- LP DAAC released two MEaSUREs Global Food Security Analysis and Support Data (GFSAD) one-kilometer (km) products on February 9. The products comprise a global record representing Crop Dominance and Crop Mask classifications for the nominal year 2010. The GFSAD 1-km products were created using multiple input data including Landsat, Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer, Satellite Probatoire d'Observation de la Terre vegetation, MODIS, secondary elevation data, climate 50-year precipitation and 20-year temperature data, reference sub-meter to 5-meter resolution ground data, and country statistical data. (See the LP DAAC product pages at https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/dataset_discovery/measures/measures_products_table/gfsadlkcd_v001 for the GFSAD1KCD.001 1 product (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/MEaSUREs/GFSAD/GFSAD1KCD.001) and https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/dataset_discovery/measures/measures_products_table/gfsadlkcm_v001 for the GFSAD1KCM.001 product (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/MEaSUREs/GFSAD/GFSAD1KCM.001).
- LP DAAC received the MODIS Version 6 Burned Area Monthly L3 product (MCD64A1) from the MODIS Adaptive Processing System (MODAPS) and released the dataset on February 8. The product currently includes data collected November 2000 through November 2016 and will continue to grow as data are produced chronologically. See the LP DAAC product page at https://lpdaac.usgs.gov/dataset_discovery/modis/modis_products_table/mcd64a1_v006 (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/MODIS/MCD64A1.006).
- The AMSR-E/AMSR2 Unified L2B Half-Orbit 25 km EASE-Grid Surface Soil Moisture dataset from the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer (AMSR) SIPS team. This dataset provides a long-term data record (July 23, 2002, through the present) using a combination of AMSR-E and AMSR2 data with reprocessed AMSR-E Level 1R (resampled) brightness temperatures (see DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/IKQ0G7ODMLC7).
- The NASA IceBridge DMS L1B Geolocated and Orthorectified Images for the 2016 Antarctica campaign, which contains Level-1B imagery taken from the Digital Mapping System (DMS) over Greenland and Antarctica (see http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/OZ6VNOPMPRJ0).
- The NASA IceBridge-related Likely Basal Thermal State of the Greenland Ice Sheet data, which contains key data sets that show how the likely basal thermal state was inferred from existing airborne and satellite datasets., and provides a synthesis mask of the likely basal thermal state over the Greenland Ice Sheet (see http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/R4MWDWWUWQF9).
- The MEaSUREs Greenland Ice Mapping Project (GIMP) 2000 Image Mosaic dataset: This dataset provides a complete 15 meter resolution image mosaic of the Greenland ice sheet derived from Landsat Enhanced Thematic Mapper Plus and RADARSAT imagery from the years 1999 to 2002 (see http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/4RNTRRE4JCYD).
Last Updated: Mar 6, 2017 at 1:13 PM EST