EOSDIS Data News - 02/02/2018
NASA's Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC) released the Nimbus "CDROM" data sets originally created by Oxford University's Atmospheric, Oceanic and Planetary Physics (AOPP) group. These CDROM data sets contain radiance data from the
- Selective Chopper Radiometer (SCR) instrument on Nimbus-4 from 1970-07-27 to 1972-11-02 (1 disc)
- SCR instrument on Nimbus-5 from 1972-12-13 to 1978-04-20 (28 discs)
- Pressure Modulated Radiometer (PMR) instrument on Nimbus-6 from 1975-06-16 to 1978-06-24 (2 discs)
- Stratospheric and Mesospheric Sounder (SAMS) instrument on Nimbus-7 from 1978-10-22 to 1984-04-16 (53 discs)
NASA's National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC) published the data set Daily Lake Ice Phenology Time Series Derived from AMSR-E and AMSR2, Version 1. This data set, part of the Making Earth System Data Records for Use in Research Environments (MEaSUREs) Program, provides 5 km ice phenology retrievals describing daily lake ice conditions (ice-on/ice-off) over the Northern Hemisphere. This satellite-based data set allows for rapid assessment and regional monitoring of seasonal ice coverage over large lakes with resulting accuracy suitable for global change studies. Data set DOI: 10.5067/HT4NQO7ZJF7M
- IceBridge KT19 IR Surface Temperature, Version 1.
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/I883KXU7ZO8O
- IceBridge Narrow Swath ATM L1B Elevation and Return Strength, Version 2.
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/CXEQS8KVIXEI
- IceBridge ATM L1B Elevation and Return Strength, Version 2
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/19SIM5TXKPGT
- IceBridge ATM L2 Icessn Elevation, Slope, and Roughness, Version 2
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/CPRXXK3F39RV
- IceBridge MCoRDS L1B Geolocated Radar Echo Strength Profiles, Version 2.
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/90S1XZRBAX5N
- IceBridge MCoRDS L2 Ice Thickness, Version 1
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/GDQ0CUCVTE2Q
NASA's Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) DAAC published the Carbon Monitoring System dataset CMS: Fire Weather Indices for Interior Alaska, 2001-2010. This dataset provides daily fire weather indices for interior Alaska during the active fire seasons from 2001 to 2010. Data are gridded at 60-m resolution. The active fire season is defined as May 24-September 18 (days of the year 144-261) in this dataset.
- Data set DOI: https://doi.org/10.3334/ORNLDAAC/1509
NASA's Physical Oceanography DAAC (PO.DAAC) publicly released the NASA/GSFC Aquarius Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) L3 V1.0 and GHRSST Remote Sensing Systems (REMSS) L4 V5 Sea Surface Temperature (SST) MW_OI and MW-IR_OI datasets.
NASA's Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC) completed a beta release of two data sets based on the Global Fire Emissions Data v.4 (GFED4) on 26 January - the Global Fire Emissions Indicators, Country-Level Tabular Data, v1 (1997 – 2015) and the Global Fire Emissions Indicators, Grids, v1 (1997 – 2015). The Country-Level Tabular Data summarize the data by country and by year, whereas the grids provide the data in GeoTIFF as an alternative to the NetCDF5.
Last Updated: Jul 24, 2018 at 2:30 PM EDT