EOSDIS Data News - 10/12/2018
NASA's Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC) published a re-release of legacy TIROS (Television and Infrared Observation Satellite) Operational Vertical Sounder (TOVS) Pathfinder Path A Level-3 monthly Version 2 data products for TIROS N, NOAA 6 through NOAA 12, and NOAA 14. The products were reformatted at GES DISC into network Common Data Format (NetCDF) format. TOVS was one of the first long-term sources of high resolution global information pertaining to the temperature and moisture structure of the atmosphere. The data can potentially be used to identify and monitor trends in temperature, moisture, clouds, radiation, and precipitation.
Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs):
- TIROS-N - https://doi.org/10.5067/TMRUIGVAI8L9;
- NOAA-6 - https://doi.org/10.5067/04TBNIJ7H19T;
- NOAA-7 - https://doi.org/10.5067/DSXNCTKON5CU;
- NOAA-8 - https://doi.org/10.5067/WIJ1G0NBQXDJ;
- NOAA-9 - https://doi.org/10.5067/9CVL0NOPRI54;
- NOAA-10 - https://doi.org/10.5067/O44UZ58U4LBZ;
- NOAA-11 - https://doi.org/10.5067/O2K85X8H2M5T;
- NOAA-12 - https://doi.org/10.5067/0V4BABVIXPA2;
- NOAA-14 - https://doi.org/10.5067/8J9X3DW4FVT5.
Data set DOIs:
- Data set DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5067/HS3/CIMSS/DATA301
NASA's National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) DAAC released the AMSR-E/AMSR2 Unified L3 Daily 25 km Brightness Temperatures & Sea Ice Concentration Polar Grids. 7/2/2012 to present.
- Data set DOI: https://doi.org/10.5067/TRUIAL3WPAUP
Last Updated: Oct 12, 2018 at 9:22 AM EDT