Webinar: NASA Aquarius Data Training
Interested in NASA physical oceanography data and tools? Join us for a 4-week series starting Thursday, April 7 at 11am PT/2pm ET for the NASA Aquarius Data Visualization, Interpretation, Communication and Engagement (ADVICE) webinar series.
NASA Earthdata Webinar Series
Event: NASA Aquarius Data Visualization, Interpretation, Communication & Engagement (ADVICE) webinar series
Date: 4-week series begins Thursday, 7 April 2016, 11AM PT/2PM ET
We are pleased to offer a new approach to understanding how to access, customize, and share NASA data. The Aquarius Data Visualization, Interpretation, Communication and Engagement (ADVICE) webinar series will consist of one-hour sessions held each Thursday in April at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET. You can elect to audit any session or fully participate in the four-part series. Full participation will include posting draft data products and comments to NASA's Earthdata Wiki, with an option to present findings during an online poster session.
This training represents a great opportunity for scientists, including graduate students and potential new data users. During this 4-week session, participants will learn how to:
- Prepare data for their research
- Master skills with salinity science and data experts
- Get feedback on the effectiveness of their take-home message
Session 1 (7 April 2016)
- Learn the basics of Aquarius/SAC-D from Dr. Tony Lee, Aquarius PI, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Become familiar with Aquarius salinity data resources
- Understand the structure of Aquarius data
Session 2 (14 April 2016)
- Discover Aquarius data from NASA's Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center (PO.DAAC)
- Access Aquarius data using a variety of tools
Session 3 (21 April 2016)
- Use Aquarius Level-3 data visualization tools
- Tips on communicating your “salinity story" effectively
Session 4 (28 April 2016)
- Share their “salinity story” during an online poster session
Interested in receiving announcements for upcoming webinars? Sign up to our mailing list.
Last Updated: Oct 16, 2019 at 2:22 PM EDT