Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer 2 (AMSR2)
- Register to download
- Use hyperlinks below or download directly from either HTTP server: https://lance.nsstc.nasa.gov/amsr2-science/ or https://lance.itsc.uah.edu/amsr2-science/
- Data outages and known issues
- Near Real-Time (NRT) versus Standard Products
- AMSR2 Landing page at NASA's Global Hydrology Resource Center (GHRC)
- Data provider: Advanced Microwave Scatter Radiometer (AMSR) Science Investigator-led Processing System (SIPS)
NRT AMSR2 products are generated within three hours of observation, using preliminary algorithms provided by the NASA-funded US AMSR2 Science Team, with JAXA NRT Level 1 R (L1R, resampled brightness temperatures) as input. NASA standard products will be available from NASA's National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC) beginning in 2017.
Other Sources of AMSR2 Data Products:
- The JAXA AMSR Science Team generates its own suite of AMSR2 products.
- Remote Sensing Systems generates an extensive suite of intercalibrated products (columnar water vapor and cloud liquid water over oceans, ocean wind speed, sea surface temperature) from many passive microwave satellite instruments. View their AMSR2 ocean products.
AMSR2/ GCOM - W1
(HTTPS download link)
(Global Change Master Directory [GCMD] description link)
|A2_RainOcn_NRT||NRT AMSR2 L2B Global Swath GSFC Profiling Algorithm 2010: Surface Precipitation, Wind Speed over Ocean, Water Vapor over Ocean and Cloud Liquid Water over Ocean||1.56|
|A2_DySno_NRT||NRT AMSR2 Daily L3 Global Snow Water Equivalent EASE-Grids||0.0021|
|A2_SI6_NRT||NRT AMSR2 Daily L3 6.25 km 89 GHz Brightness Temperature (Tb) Polar Grids||0.088|
|A2_SI12_NRT||NRT AMSR2 Daily L3 12.5 km Tb, Sea Ice Concentration Polar Grids||0.01|
|A2_SI25_NRT||NRT AMSR2 Daily L3 25 km Tb and Sea Ice Concentration Polar Grids||0.039|
|AU_Land_NRT_R01||NRT AMSR2 Unified L2B Half-Orbit 25 km EASE-Grid Surface Soil Moisture Beta Version 1||45Mb (HDF-EOS5),
Last Updated: Mar 6, 2018 at 6:25 PM EST