Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer 2 (AMSR2)
- Register to download
- Use hyperlinks below or download directly from either HTTP server: https://lance.nsstc.nasa.gov/amsr2-science/ or https://lance.itsc.uah.edu/amsr2-science/
- Data outages and known issues
- Near Real-Time (NRT) versus Standard Products
- AMSR2 Landing page at NASA's Global Hydrology Resource Center (GHRC)
- Data provider: Advanced Microwave Scatter Radiometer (AMSR) Science Investigator-led Processing System (SIPS)
NRT AMSR2 products are generated within three hours of observation, using preliminary algorithms provided by the NASA-funded US AMSR2 Science Team, with JAXA NRT Level 1 R (L1R, resampled brightness temperatures) as input. NASA standard products are available from NASA's National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC).
Other Sources of AMSR2 Data Products:
- The JAXA AMSR Science Team generates its own suite of AMSR2 products.
- Remote Sensing Systems generates an extensive suite of intercalibrated products (columnar water vapor and cloud liquid water over oceans, ocean wind speed, sea surface temperature) from many passive microwave satellite instruments. View their AMSR2 ocean products.
AMSR2/ GCOM - W1
* Discontinuation Notice: The Version 0 LANCE AMSR2 Sea Ice datasets are being replaced with LANCE AMSR2 Sea Ice Version 1 datasets that use the latest AMSR-U2 Sea Ice algorithms. Please transition to using these new version 1 datasets. We will discontinue the product generation of Version 0 LANCE AMSR2 Sea Ice data on October 31, 2018
Last Updated: Oct 10, 2018 at 8:37 AM EDT