LANCE: NASA Near Real-Time Data and Imagery
Land, Atmosphere Near real-time Capability for EOS (LANCE)
Near real-time (NRT) data and imagery from the following instruments are available much quicker than routine processing allows:
|Atmospheric Infrared Sounder (AIRS)|
|Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer 2 (AMSR2)|
|Lightning Imaging Sensor (LIS) on the International Space Station (LIS ISS)|
|Multi-angle Imaging SpectroRadiometer (MISR)|
|Microwave Limb Sounder (MLS)|
|Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS)|
|Measurement of Pollution in the Troposphere (MOPITT)|
|Ozone Monitoring Instrument (OMI)|
|Ozone Mapping Profiler Suite (OMPS)|
|Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS)|
Most data products are available within 3 hours from satellite observation. NRT imagery are generally available 3-5 hours after observation.
If latency is not a primary concern, users are encouraged to use the standard science products, which are created using the best available ancillary, calibration and ephemeris information. What is the difference between near real-time and standard products?
Not sure what you are looking for?
- Download Near Real-Time Data
- Near Real-Time versus Standard Products
- External Near Real-Time Data
- FIRMS : Fire/Hotspot data | Email Alerts
Fire Information for Resource Management System (FIRMS)
FIRMS distributes NRT active fire data within 3 hours of satellite overpass from both MODIS and VIIRS. The active fire / hotspot data are available to view in FIRMS Fire Map or in NASA’s Worldview. They can also be delivered as fire email alerts or downloaded in one of the following formats: SHP, KML, TXT or as Web Services.
Last Updated: May 15, 2019 at 10:01 AM EDT
- Introducing the new LANCE NRT AMSR2 and ISS LIS website from GHRC DAAC
- FLASH—A New Source for Global Lightning Data is Now Available
- OMPS Near Real-Time Data Now Available through LANCE
- MOPITT Data now Available in LANCE
- Atmospheric Rivers and the Lake Oroville Dam Stress
- LANCE User Profile: Mark Trice, Maryland Department of Natural Resources